You and I must fight for our rights
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table8.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Shorter for the sparring

The clash of metal in the air seemed to awaken something in him. Something almost primal. Somehow his arms felt stronger, his whole body seemed stronger. She smiled and he returned it with one of his own. His gaze also went to inspect the way their swords were met. He stored that image to memory as well as the action of executing the block. It felt good to have gotten it on the first try. He didn't fool himself by thinking everything would be as easy, but it helped to know that he wasn't completely useless with the blade. Of course her strike had been slowed, slower than an actual enemy would strike, but he had still passed that first test of his skill. A long road lay ahead of him, but he was committed to follow it through.

Now unarm me. This time she gave no demonstration or instruction, but that didn't frustrate him. He would need to figure out on his own as well as be instructed. Battles were unpredictable, that much he knew, and being able to work through problems quickly was a valuable skill and one he would need. Haven's mind worked and his eyes narrowed slightly, staring at their met swords. Her words filtered into his head as his thoughts worked through how to try and unarm her. Take control of the situation--kick me in the chest. He hoped he would be able to unarm her without having to do that, but he understood. Controlling the situation was one of the most important things. Without it he would fail.

His hands keeping their firm grip on the pommel he twisted his sword to the side, trying to swoop the blade in a half circle towards the ground and twist her's from her grip.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread