I sing to keep the darkness away
[html]

"Yep. Change." He nodded some. "Sorta like how I look differnt from you right now. Not everyone can do it but maybe one day you'll be able to." It was the simplest way that he could think to explain it at that very moment but, he was certain, the boy would come to understand it better once he saw more of it. "A city is a place with a bunch of buildings that are like warehouses. Some of them are smaller than others though and sometimes there are a bunch of them all packed near each other in one place." He wondered, for a very short moment, whether or not he'd ever had conversations like this when he was much smaller.

"And yea, I can get you all the food ya want 'til your not hungry anymore. Got a bunch of different kind too, like deer and rabbit." Certainly, at this rate, Jasper would master the art of cooking. Still, though, his try at making stew came nowhere near the stew that his father had often made. His attention was drawn to the bird as it fluttered down to the pup, where it promptly landed on his nose. Even Jasper would have to admit that it was an adorable sight, though the look on his face as the bird turned to him didn't clearly show it.

"I don't think it would be a problem for them to come live here if we find 'em. It's safe here for sure and you'll always have someone to play with." He reassured the child but was trying to avoid getting his hopes up. As the pup continued on, talking about his mother and father, it brought back memories of Jasper's mother. "My mom was pretty too. Really smart. She's been gone a long time though." His voice had dropped to a quiet, slow pace, obviously disheartened. "My dad's here though, maybe you'll meet him sometime. His name is Ahren."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread