Let us sway into the sunset
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ven_v1.png); width: 500px; height: 460px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; right: 105px; top: 66px; width: 270px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

As they continued to walk along the beach it didn't take long until his questions about whether or not Svara had regained her memory was answered. He stopped as she did, giving her a bit of a dumbfounded stare for a second or two. Quickly that expression was shaken from his face. It was easy for her to find weakness and attack it. He didn't want a repeat of their first encounter. "Just because we didn't get along doesn't mean I would have ever wished any harm to come to you." Maybe that hadn't been what she'd meant by those words, but he felt the need to say it anyway. "I was in a very bad place that day and I had been for a while. My skin usually isn't so thin. I was hoping we could put that in the past and move forward." He was willing to do that if she was.

A crooked smile worked its way onto his face as she spoke. "I wasn't afraid of you doing anything to me. Harsh words can just cut deeper than claws sometimes." Especially when one already hated themselves. More derogatory comments only made things worse. Haven had never been afraid of her. At least not of her attacking him physically. It was her acid words that he had feared. Being around people who had liked him had been hard enough. Those that didn't was unbearable. The boy's smile disappeared with her own as the conversation turned down a darker path. "What happened was unthinkable and that male, whoever he is, is a monster. I may not be able to offer much right now, but I promise that nobody will do that to you or anyone else here again without going through me first." It was the vow he had taken, to protect the members of the pack, especially the women.

He followed her stride as she began to walk again. The youth hoped that she would be able to accept him for what he was as he was doing his best to accept her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread