let me live
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Mati was captivated by the little pup. Her smile was unwavering, and she looked on with a motherly curiosity. She had never really thought about it before, but Mati wondered what it would be like to have a child of her own. The excitement mixed with the overwhelming fear and weighing responsibility. She was far too young, and knew so little about life to create it. But Mati could not help but think to the future, with wonderment and excitement.

“Why, thank you. Yours are the color of the ocean, a soft sweet green. A mix of your mothers and fathers. The young woman spoke as she looked at them, she could talk forever about the hue, comparing it to the newest blades of grass, and the fresh new leaves of an apple tree. They did not fold the same sharp color of an oak or and elm. It was more delicate, softer in texture too. She nodded at the girl’s question, before answer her second. “An artist is someone who is a master at painting, or drawing, or making anything really.” Mati had never really thought about being an artist, it was just something she enjoyed.

“I did.” Letting the little girl see the picture better Mati pledge to draw something for her in the future. She liked to make things for those that held interest in art. “I don’t know if I’m talented. But I like it a lot.” She spoke the word slowly so that Cambria could understand. Pulling the graphite pencil from her mane she showed it to her. “I use this, a pencil” Mati looked down at the puppy, her voice soft but questioning. “Were you exploring today? All by yourself?” She was old enough to be on her own, and Mati was sure that Savina knew exactly where she was. She wouldn’t have been surprised if the mother was watching them from afar.

table by Syd

[/html]

Messages In This Thread