Oh beautiful lady, why can't you see?
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rncopy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

A light smile, almost a wry smile, flickered across her lips. Perhaps she was too hard on herself, or perhaps that was simply all that was meant to be for her. And yet, another door had been opened for her. With Onus, she had allowed herself, her heart, to open up, to feel more than those diluted emotions of every day. It was a single luxury that both warriors allowed within their lives, and it was something that the warrior held very close to her heart—dangerously close. But when the two lovers did not meet, the warrior was doing what she had always done: protecting the pack. She fought battles and was wounded, continuing with the life of Death at her heels. And at the end of the day, she returned to her solitary den. The woman still loved the quiet solitude of nature, but that did not stop her from longing for his company.... The white eyes that had drifted to the darker lands beyond the beaches returned to the girl before her.

A soft smile graced the woman’s maw, its tones brighter, warmer. "Perhaps one day that day will come. But if it doesn’t, I’m sorry." And the warrior did not think that such a day would come. Just as Cour des Miracles was now Svara’s home, Dahlia de Mai would be Cwmfen’s home. It had been since she had set out from Caledonia, and the warrior felt that it always would be until the pack fell or until she died. Her loyalty to that pack was so great that she could not leave it yet, not even for Onus. "I will," the woman replied quietly. "And do not think that I would not return the favor." Perhaps Svara would allow the Adonis’ words to ring truly for once, perhaps she would allow herself to believe that they could still have that friendship. "Good bye, Svara." And she spoke it as if it would be the last time she would see the girl.

Silently, the warrior turned away, returning to the search that had brought her here. And yet—once the woman had fallen into the cover of the trees, her course changed, turning her feet back to Dahlia de Mai. This chance meeting (but the warrior did not believe in chance) with Svara of Cour des Miracles had raised some questions. The warrior returned now to her packland, seeking the Lilium himself. Once she had trusted the chocolate male with her life. But now, especially because he had told Onus to leave (and that had bothered her more than she would have liked to admit), and because of what Svara had revealed to her, the woman had begun to question him. She felt that he no longer trusted her as he once had. And for what reason? She had served the pack unquestionable, doing all that was required of her. With a quiet sigh, the warrior moved through the shadows of the night, shrugging away the call for sleep and returning to her home.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread