what will be, will be
[html]

Jefferson knew Cercelee would not have the answers he sought, but the reassurance that her eyes would be open to danger and information was enough reassurance to ease the cyclops down onto his haunches and release a much-deserved sigh of relief. One way or another, she was well-educated in the ways of Inferni and understood his plight without the slightest anxiety. Even if the tension and conflict with Inferni continued, Jefferson felt a weight raise off his shoulders knowing that Dahlia de Mai was on his side, and knowing Cercelee, would lend their aid as soon as it was requested.

It became clear to him that the leader had little knowledge on Haku's closer family members as Cercelee gaped in surprise at the mention of her subleader's connection. Sooner or later, she would have had to find out, but the lenient fashion in which Jefferson reclined when the topic arose spoke wonders: he and Haku weren't close and ultimately had little to do with each others' lives, but as far as Jefferson could tell, his step-brother was the closest family he had available to him... well, other than the three mongrels out for the Patriarch's blood who called themselves his kids. He cringed at the mental reminder. "That is what I have been told," he said quietly, masking shame with indifference. "I've suffered some things that erased my memory. I go by the words of dead folk now, but it was Haku who recognized me by chance. He said Colibri is alive... but I have yet to meet her." Meet his mother. What a pitiful concept, that with his amnesia he would have to meet the creature that gave birth to him a second time.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread