no one here gets out alive.
[html]
mall-caps;">Out of Character
    Hell yeah! I was looking for people to have threads with in the future and reading a bit about Jaq before I posted that, haha.

mall-caps;">In Character
    The hybrid animal carried himself magnificently and without fear—for all of her scars and bravado he was completely unfazed, staring her down with his dark, nearly-charcoal colored eyes. He even offered her a cocky smile, one that spread smartly over his jet lips. If he were a wolf, Kaena would have itched to swipe that smile right off of his pretty face—but he was not, and so instead his display only served to pique her curiosity further. What madness would make a creature that was one-armed and descended from domesticated canines so casual and careless in such a cruel world, faced with one such as herself?

Looking at Kaena, it was easy to see she was not so different from the canine before her. She stood proudly, her head held defiantly high, her gaze unwavering. He answered her with thanks, and the Lykoi smirked at that, dipping her head mockingly at him as if to say "welcome." The canine lounged against one of the rocks, his copper fur reflecting the sunlight in brilliant patches of red-gold and orange, the colors of sunset stroked through his coat by an artist's brush. He spoke again, and it was Kaena's turn to let out a derisive laugh, snapping harshly into the air.

"Hardly," she answered, shaking her head to emphasize the statement. "My blood only runs beneath six of Inferni's members' skin." The statement was flippant, but swollen with pride—the Lykoi was not ashamed in the least by her family as some of its members were, and the name alone evoked terror in the hearts of the masses. "I just thought I'd take a little stroll by the beach." It was true—her original intentions had only been to stroll the outer perimeter of Inferni and inspect the surrounding territories. She had wanted to encounter an outsider, too—and now she'd accomplished that objective.

The Lykoi took his cue of relaxing and did so herself, letting her arms fall to her sides and leaning back against the rock, though she did not turn away from the stranger for a moment. Her newest scar showed clearly then, the jagged tear horizontally across her belly. It was almost a year old already, and it had healed beautifully, leaving a thin, bumpy ridge of raised, hairless flesh across the upper part of her stomach. She decided to introduce herself, hoping perhaps the stranger would exchange a name and an origin with her—he had correctly inferred her homeland. "Kaena Lykoi. I don't think I'd be wrong if I said you were a ways from home," she observed, smelling the foreign scent of many wolves on him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread