Burn out Brighter
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ven_v1.png); width: 500px; height: 460px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; right: 105px; top: 66px; width: 270px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

worst. lie. ever.

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

He watched her as he spoke and she remained pointedly silent. Even after he had said all that he needed to say the silenced hung in the air between him and made his stomach tie itself into knots. He hoped that she would understand. Hoped that she would see how much he had needed to do what he had done. The evidence was standing right before her. He wasn't the broken boy who she had seen last, wallowing away in self pity and drowning himself in the bottle. With the help of Jacquez and the rest of the pack he had crawled out of that hole and now felt whole again. Felt he had a place and a purpose again. That he wasn't just some waste of flesh. It may not be Crimson Dreams, but it was beginning to feel like home. And his old home was not far from his new. He had chosen a house specifically with two rooms so that they could come visit him and spend the night if they wanted.

When he saw those bright orbs of her's fill with tears his heart seized, fearing that he had only upset her again. That he had made her cry again. Haven just wanted her to be able to understand. That it was his own problems and inadequacies that he had to deal with and it had had nothing to do with her or anyone else. Finally her voice hit his ears and he looked up with hope in his eyes. He heard no bitterness in her tone, no anger or sadness. She was happy for him. Genuinely happy and he felt a huge, oppressive weight lift from his shoulders. The Aatte male smiled at his sister and spoke softly. "Thank you." He perked even more at the mention of coming to the pack. "Yes! You will have to come! I picked out a small house that has two bedrooms, so you can come and stay whenever you want." She would always be welcome to see him at any time for any reason. Or no reason at all than just to spend time together. He could feel his face flush at the comment about their mothers. "Yeah...I hope they'll be proud." All he had ever wanted was to make them proud.

At the sorry excuse she gave him about her wounds his look changed to one of skepticism. Drogon snorted and shook his head, mane flying about. Even the horse didn't buy the sorry tale she had just attempted to fed them. Haven sighed and dropped the reigns from his hand, allowing the stallion to munch on the grass. He trusted the animal not to run off. Then he looked back to his sister, his gaze hard. "Mati," he said, his voice holding a stern edge. "You know I don't buy that for a minute. What really happened?" He wasn't going to let her brush this aside. It was important.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread