catch the mist, catch the myth
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table3.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

Kansas couldn't remember the first time he'd felt sand beneath his feet, but he knew he'd always liked it. It was the most comfortable thing to tred upon, as long as it wasn't too hot. Cambria seemed calmed by being here; she hadn't been wily beforehand, but he sensed her ease. He watched her small, dark face and couldn't stop grinning like an idiot. When Jefferson approached, Cambria shrunk back toward his leg, and Kansas was a bit alarmed for split second. But he'd been half-expecting that sort of reaction. His chocolate daughter was the most frightful of the puppies; he couldn't be surprised if she was a bit scared by the scarred man.

Following his words, Cambria seemed to shrug off some of her shyness, enough so to actually speak to Jefferson. That definitely surprised him. He was proud of her. She even apologized. Kansas continued to watch her for a moment, shaking his head subtly. Pups were so entertaining.

The cream-coated male watched as Jefferson knelt to his child's level. The gentle movement of the cyclops was touching. Kansas had the rather obvious impression that the tawny brute had been dealt a difficult hand, and it had hardened him. But he approached Cambria with something not too unlike tenderness. When the Phoenix Valley leader mentioned that others had stared at him more intensely, Kansas froze, recalling their first encounter, how he'd stared relentlessly. Wincing slightly, he rubbed the back of his head and put one of his own hands into the pocket of his tight pants. He kept his voice light as if to apologize for his past wrong. "Yeah. I'm still kind of surprised, too," he said honestly. "You met Savina and Gotham? I wonder why—she didn't mention it..." He laughed a little. She probably hadn't a clue that Kansas knew Jefferson. "We have one other, Amata... You have kids?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread