Now I am in vain
[html]
Hiya Big Grin. I hope I got the setting right, and she's sitting in an upstairs window? 240 words.

Ares was wandering around a part of Crimson Dreams he hadn't spent much time in before. There was still so much of the lands left to explore; it was huge, bigger than he had imagined a pack territory would be. He meandered up to the nearest building, letting his hand rest against the wall, feeling the texture and marveling at how much more sensitive the palm and fingertips were than the pads on his normal paws. Being shifted was still a novel experience to him; he had only done it a handful a times. The first time was on accident, and it had scared Star too - she hadn't ever met a shifter. But it didn't take long to get used to certain things, like how to walk and stuff. It was still sorta weird, but.. familiar. Like an old glove found balled up in the corner of the drawer, strange to see again but still snug-fitting.

Something fell on his head, and he reached a hand up to brush aside whatever fly or leaf it had been. Instead, another thing dropped. Resting his hand on the top of his shaggy black hair, it felt damp. He glanced up, then backed a few steps away from the building, shifting his hand to shield his eyes from the glaring sun as his green eyes pierced upwards. Yeah, there was someone up there. Crying, it seemed. He frowned, called out: "Are you okay?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread