like fire, hellfire, this fire in my skin
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table8.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Yes. Their father. A shadow that would continually hang over him, reminding him what would happen if he didn't do the right thing. If he allowed himself to falter in his path of being good. It was like a big black monster, waiting to gobble him up at the first sign of weakness or corruption. Haven had almost forgot that it had only been him and Mati there that day they had run into the man on their way to Halifax. Brooklyn would have never seen him. "His name is Conri Church. One day when we were still really little Mati and I went with Momma to go to the city and we came across him. Mom said we didn't have to be afraid of him as long as she was there. I look so much like him Brook." He had always loved his unique coloring, but now he feared it could become a curse. Thankfully he had yet to run into anyone that had mistaken him for his sire.

"After that I never though about him much. Didn't care to know anymore. But not long after the last time I saw you I went to the city and ran across someone who lived there. Out of curiosity I asked about him and he said that he was looking for Conri. I asked why, and that's when he told me..." Haven took a deep breath and forced himself to look his sister in the eyes when he told her the horrible truth. "He raped her. He raped mom." And there it was. It was out and there was no taking it back. It wouldn't have been right to keep it from her though. She had just as much of a right to know as he or Mati.

The young Aatte was relieved that she was more willing to accept the truth of his life and plans than Mati had. It wasn't that he blamed their other sister, no doubt he would have reacted much the same in that situation. He just didn't want to have Brooklyn run off on him too. He didn't know if his heart could take it. A small smirk passed onto his lips. "Yeah, you did. Oh well though, you're lucky you're my sister. And lucky that no one else found you." He doubted anything bad would have happened to her, but with the attack on Svara the whole pack was on edge at the thought of another attack. "Thank you Brook. It means a lot to me, it does. And I'm not far away, you can always come see me."

As she finally embraced him he dropped Drogon's rope and wrapped his arms around her tightly. That familiar sting of tears was in his eyes, but he did his best to hold them back. "We just settled and I haven't been back to tell either of them. And I...haven't seen Nani since I found out. I'm afraid all she sees when she looks at me is...is him." It may have been a foolish way to feel, but it was one that the boy couldn't seem to shake. "Brook, stay here with me tonight. Or if you don't want to at least let me take you back home. I don't want you to be alone after finding out, you shouldn't be, not like I was." He wouldn't risk letting her repeat his mistakes.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread