Burn out Brighter
[html]

thanks for being my fav...

Since Mati could remember her brother had always been set on a path. His personality, and every trait he owned drove him forward and further down that road. Their mother had known it, seeing it in his imagination. Maybe he was a train, the tracks his only true and right course. News of their father had derailed him, and it was only when he was off that trail that he had seen chaos enter his life. But now he had returned, the caboose intact and back on route. It was a good road, a righteous one and one that made everything fall into place. Mati was not so lucky; her path not defined or mapped out. But it seemed that on whatever road she walked, it was easier for her to loose her balance and stumble away from it. She was hurt, but not broken and had made it back on her unknown and vague way.

His question pushed her gaze further from him. Mati fought to know that to say. The scars were deep, wide across her arms and ugly. They would hardly be covered by her fur, and any beast the dared to touch her would feel the flaw that lay against her skin. Marks of her mistake and her weakness, reminding her forever of the strength she did not own and the caution she needed to practice. She practiced now, her words slow and only after a few moments silence. Eyes drifted to the creature that her brother had brought with him, maybe serving as a distraction.

There was no use in redirection, Yes. Mati spoke flatly. Honesty felt good, but Mati could not allow him to feel any more guilt. Its not your fault. He would have found me, it didn’t matter where I was. She felt the cold surround her, and the truth fill her mind. It hadn’t mattered where it was, the monster would have come for her somehow.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread