dance with the devil in the pale moonlight
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: Okay, so the unofficial order is to just let everybody post once and then I go again? :O

Siobhan shrank back, all but shielding herself completely behind Haven's back, and Jac couldn't help but laugh. His booming laughter rose above the low hubbub of the others exchanging greetings, before he composed himself enough to reply. "Well, it is indeed a very nice place, and I am glad that Siobhan likes it. I hope Siobhan stays here for a long time." He winked, playfully imitating her use of pronouns. It was cute, and she was cute, but Haven would never let them play together, just like he would not let others play with Ruri. The two girls should be friends, he decided, so that no men would get any ideas.

Speak of the devil, two thin fringed arms wrapped around his whipcord waist, and he snaked his one arm out to return the hug, clasping her slender shoulders tight. "If I get a headache, petite, I will simply wash it away with more drink. That is how it works," he explained jovially, moving to ruffle her ears atop her head. If her slate-grey mane was all frizzed up and she did not notice, she would go the whole night looking extra-fluffy and it would be funny. He couldn't conceal a telltale chuckle, though, and quickly slipped away, nabbing a swig from a flagon on the way. He caught Talon and Haven in the act as well, and raised his clay jug in cheers before tipping it back, dark whiskey sloshing all over his long muzzle. He was going to smell like a bar for a long time, after all the time he spent brewing and taste-testing.

Back at Svara's side, he found the same sour scent on her lips, and nudged his elbow at her ribs, smiling knowingly. "Going to let loose tonight, Constable?" He raised an eyebrow at Svara, who then offered him the name of the slender girl standing at the outskirts. Deciding not to make a "wing man" joke, he simply nodded in thanks and strode over to her, watching the firelight play on her long black mane and crystal-blue eyes. "It is mademoiselle Ayita, is it not? I am Jacquez Trouillefou, the king of this royal court. Come, join the fun - there is enough drink for everyone around the fire!" He kept his tone light, fringed ears flopping forward as he tilted his head to study her. She was one of the handful that Svara had admitted without him. Going by looks, he approved...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread