Burn out Brighter
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ven_v1.png); width: 500px; height: 460px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; right: 105px; top: 66px; width: 270px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

PUMPKIN KNIGHT

Haven may have sworn oaths to a new land and new people, but that did not mean that he did not feel he still had a duty to his family. Living in a new pack did not mean that he felt any differently for Crimson Dreams or those that resided within its borders. The youth still cared deeply for all of them and he would defend them as readily as he defended anyone in Cour des Miracles. He had vowed to protect the members of his new pack, but he had also vowed to keep his family safe. The latter was an older vow and one that went right to the marrow of his bones. Nothing would ever change that. Nothing ever could.

At her answer he frowned. He had known that would be it. It was clear as day that she wasn't fine. The fact that he felt helpless to do anything to remedy that state was maddening. That was probably one of the reasons his anger had risen so quickly and so hotly. When she said that it wasn't going to be right for a moment Haven thought she meant forever and it felt like a shot through his heart. But then she continued and guilt surged through him. Even now, all she was looking after was his safety. Jade gaze also averted, her words stinging with the truth. He still couldn't imagine this creature being such a threat, but he also knew that Mati wasn't one to exaggerate in such a way. If only he knew that this male was the one thing that made his tutor's heart quake.

He looked back to her, feeling more guilty seeing the tears well up in her eyes. "I'm sorry," he said, reaching out to hold her hand. "I promise, I won't do anything to find this man." If it would give her peace of mind then what else could he do? "I just wanted to make him pay for what he did to you. No one's allowed to hurt you."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread