Now I am in vain
[html]
256 words

Ares studied the white figure above, watching her as his voice snapped her back from, well, wherever in her head she had gone. She spoke, and he had a strange impulse to laugh, which he of course repressed. It would have been completely inappropriate. It was just so.. completely and utterly mind-boggling that she would actually have the audacity to claim she was fine when she very obviously not. Instead, he responded simply: "I don't believe you." And then: "I'm coming up."

He tugged open the heavy door, which had been left somewhat ajar, just not wide enough to fit a shifted Luperci. The building was small, and the stairs were easy to locate. Ares took them two at a time; he wasn't in a huge rush, it was just how he preferred it, stairs took too much damn time to climb up otherwise. There were more than he had expected, though, and when he finally came up to the top floor he was panting and a little out of breath from the hurried exertion. Following his nose to the white female and her window perch, he stepped inside the room and pushed his curly dark bangs out of his face; they had decided to dangle in front of his yellow eyes while he was climbing the stairs. Well.. now what? He felt a bit awkward, but persevered in his attempt to figure this out, and maybe help her feel better. "Really now, w-what's wrong?" A hint of his childhood stutter came out sometimes when nervous.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread