thread title missing
[html]
As he watched the horizon of the wrecked city, Kieran came to a sort of a realization. Perhaps what had him so fascinated by the old city was the destruction, the sense of loss, all just a representation of something that was once much more. He often felt that way about himself, when he thought about it. While he had recovered quite well, there were some things that were fundamentally different about him that, at times, he almost felt like a different person. So maybe it was that common emptiness that kept him so interested.

He listened quietly as Phoenix confirmed his suspicions. He, like many others, had started out somewhere else. How things had led him here, Kieran didn’t know. But as curious as he may be, he knew what his boundaries were, especially with someone he didn’t even know. He absent-mindedly fidgeted with one of the loose roof tiles as he thought about the future. “I intend to spend the rest of my time here, if I can help it. And if fate decides to be kind this time around.” He wasn’t sure why he said it, but there it was. Despite his thoughts to the contrary, it appeared that he couldn’t just ignore what had happened. The past had a funny way of sneaking up on him all the time.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread