the illusions are all around us
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

WotD: Ineluctable. 352 words.

ic -

It was ineluctable that she would bring up Tokyo in her conversation with Haku, even though her mother was a thorn in her side, constantly in her thoughts and coming up in her conversations. She loved her mother - or at least had decided that she did, whether she truly felt any warmth for the woman or not - but it was always difficult to think of their past together. Those thoughts always led to thoughts of her brother, whom she was feeling terribly guilty about. When she had left him, she had told him it would not be forever, and that she would go back to him. But how could she do that, when Tokyo had been so welcoming, and so intent on her staying, provided there was no mention of their past? Buttface hadn’t even fought against her leaving him, really. At least, that was how it was in her memory, edited as it may have been by her own justifications as to why she had not gone back yet.

Shrugging silently, Princess decided there was no need to question his lack of involvement with Colibri. Obviously, their relationship was terrible, even worse than the one that existed between Tokyo and Buttface, maybe. She did not know the extent of their past together, but it seemed worse than the one between her feared mother and her beloved brother. “I left my mom when I was a few months old, and then a few months later, I found her again here in Dahlia, so I guess it’s kinda the same for us. We have a weird thing, I guess, like you guys? Coli said you guys weren’t close, so. I don’t know where my dad is, though.” What she desperately needed to do, was to stop talking. Really, none of this was relevant to Haku, and she was just digging herself into a deep hole. She didn’t know how he would feel about her nosing in on their relationship, and while she normally wouldn’t care about that, she had to admit that the male leader was kind of scary.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread