Walking like a one-man army
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Kansas had heard only of alcohol, which was a given for almost anyone, and of course the two Naniko had described to him. He was certain that there were many, many more out there, though. He knew that many humans had habits with drugs, and as if one or two wasn't quite enough for their liking, they'd had many. Kansas was very curious about them, admittedly, but again, he would have hated himself if he got sucked into them. He wondered if Naniko was at that point yet.

"Bad things...?" he muttered tentatively, without really thinking. Now that he thought about it, this was probably not the time to talk about his mother. He was not honestly sure what the stuff Naniko was on could make her say. She might get upset more easily, or something like that, and he didn't want her to cry. Fortunately, she had started on another train of thought, and he answered her gratefully. "Sometimes I feel old too. But... we're not old. We have a long way to go, I think." He paused a moment, looking at the syringe on the floor nearby and then back up at Naniko. "We both had to... to grow up faster than we should've."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread