The Green Corn Ceremony
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She was surprised at how much had happened since she had first come here, during the clan's formation. Without Tayui she wouldn't even be in Aniwaya at all...the female had urged Ember to come to the formation to see if she might be interested in joining the tribe. Ember had been in so many different packs at that time that she hadn't seen the point in joining another one, but Aniwaya was different. Almost immediately she had been drawn to their strange customs and ways--she liked to be out-of-her-element, perhaps.

She stood next to Dawali at the front, bowing her head when he announced the news. "I hope ta be a good leader to you. And I did want to say that I've been trainin' some horses and if anyone's interested in learning about having one and adopting one they can come by the stables any time."

Next she thought about the animal that she had sacrificed, the trout, and threw her wrapped package into the fire. She had avoided eating the animal for the last week, and could now return to her normal habits. She then stood back, ready to enjoy the meal and festivities.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread