walking back towards your house
[html]

OOC: It's okay, I didn't give you much to work with anyway :/ ::Word Count: 500+

Urma took comfort in Savina's words, knowing her friend meant each one, and wasn't just saying them to ease Urma's pain. Laying here on grounds she knew finally belonged to a pack, to a structure of unity, made her feel safe, although her heart broke at the thought that this was a safety wrapped in his heavy absence and her endless longing. She could remember how hard it had been to leave Crimson Dreams, how her resolution to search for Pilot had left her with a heavy heart. Plunging into the unexpected had never appealed to her, even if her life seemed to consist of only such situations. Many of her hopes had been put in her single wish to find Pilot safe, and the fact that she had returned to a comforting place with no certainty of his well-being ripped her apart.

The long road had finally taken its toll on her. Her bones ached and her feet felt like rocks, and she wondered if she was even capable of standing up. Thirst and hunger finally made their presence felt in her subconscious, and she tried as hard as she could to grasp the memory of when she had last eaten. It seemed eons ago. With great effort, she pushed herself to her feet, fighting to maintain her balance. She sought Savina's warm, emerald gaze, and smiled weakly. "I'm sorry... would you mind if we found a place where I could drink a bit of water?" She felt bad for asking. Her friend was doing enough already, staying with her out here, keeping her company. "I don't want to keep you, though. You have your pups and Kansas who will be worrying about you." She took a few hesitant, slow steps forward, unsure of where to go and uncertain she would be able to make it there. She hadn't fully realized how tired she was, scarcely sleeping the past nights in an attempt to reach pack lands as soon as possible. The thought that her hurry had been in vain tortured her, so she tried not to give it much thought.

She reclined to her haunches as steadily as she could, before laying down on her stomach again, sighing deeply. Feeling immensely embarrassed, she forced her legs to sustain her weight once more. Scratches and cuts crisscrossed her legs and paws, and she silently thanked the dark for making them hard to notice. She didn't want her dark friend to worry about her. Painfully, she thought that if Naniko or Pilot were here, they would know what plants were best to use to heal her wounds faster. She had never had the opportunity to learn some of the basics herself, and now, for the millionth time, she felt stranded without him. As if she had no means of going on without him. In a way, part of her existence would always depend on him, and she knew that part would never be whole without him. Barely standing, she pushed beyond her limits and took another few agonizing steps forward. "I don't mean to be such a drag," she whispered apologetically. "You've done so much for me... I don't want to keep you any longer... You've got so many things on your mind." It felt as if the fact that she had failed once more to find Pilot had left her with no more strength, had emptied even her deepest reserves. She felt terrible, keeping Savina away from her family.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread