Sitting, waiting, wishing – action!
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _raven.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Even now, Aurèle did not entirely understand the bird or its purpose. Even Dawali had not been able to explain this to her. The mention of the female with the snake recalled a peculiar face, but it was not important to her presently. A glance was spared to the bird again, and so Aurèle missed the shock that her companion’s face betrayed. Soon enough, though, Claire was following her. “White tail,” she replied, trotting towards the herd quickly.
     They went on for several more moments before the green-eyed wolf slowed considerably. The crow continued ahead of them, and circled around a small open patch in the forest. Lowering her body and moving forward at a much slower pace, Aurèle spotted the small herd. They were without a buck, which meant they had separated from the larger group. Perfect. “I’ll move further down. Your job is to chase them towards me—single one out and cut it off.” Without another word, Aurèle slunk off into the underbrush.
     She crept ahead several yards and left enough distance between herself and the deer in order to hide her scent. Claire was downwind, which meant Aurèle had to hide herself in the sweet-smelling fauna. Now it was a mere waiting game.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread