Violent timing explains the aftermath
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 352
I hope your muse returns to you...! -cuddles-

In the pained silence that followed, Jac could hear scuffling behind the trees; his equine ward was apparently battling for her freedom as they spoke. His dark eyes narrowed, hoping that she would not succeed in her fight with the twine. Didn't Haven have a horse? He was the first of their packmates to have claimed one of the oversized deer. Perhaps the burnt-orange male would be willing to offer some animal husbandry advice, if he was done with his mood swings. (As if Jac was one to talk!)

Jacquez rubbed his bruising temple, gingerly probing the swelling side of his face. He had almost gotten a black eye - now, that would be unbecoming of royalty. Scars were fine, for attracting women drawn to danger. It was just harder to be flashy and handsome with puffiness and discolourations. The collie-hybrid raised an eyebrow, watching his Knight slump to his knees. When they first met, it had been similar to this. Only it had been about Haven's heritage, the father whose genetic predispositions had worried the good-hearted coy-wolf into depression. He had overcome that, and now he was back on his knees where he started, this time over the flighty albino that had slipped away in the night.

The king squatted on his haunches, resting his chin on his palm. He pursed his lips, trying to concoct the proper condolences for his younger packmate. He had never had his heart broken - indeed, had never felt anything stronger than a mild, frustrating disappointment - and there was no viable way for him to see things from Haven's point of view. He huffed aloud, bored by the failed effort, and decided instead to take a different tack. "Sir Haven, you know... you are strong, kind, handsome. I can see many ladies falling head over heels for you. Perhaps it would be easier on yourself to take another lover, one without torn loyalties to struggle with." He wanted to add that many lovers would be better than just one, but the Knight probably took his vow of chivalry more seriously than Jacquez ever would.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread