The Dirt Whispered
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

305 words.

Being as aloof as he was on some days, Vigilante supposed that he understood why the wild horses might not allow the luperci to ride them. Born wild and free, why would you wish to be tamed and kept for someone else's use, with no choice of your own? He had been nothing but a tool to his old pack, given no choice in the matter of his life and what to do with his time. Though he had believed he was doing the right thing, it was still unfortunate that he had been given no choice in his life's direction. In that respect, he was able to understand why the horses would choose to not allow the luperci to ride them. Wild horses were just that - wild. While he did want one, he supposed it would not be for the sake of having a horse to ride, but rather, a horse to care for and to have as a companion when he built his house in the future.

"I have been considering building a house of my own and looking into finding a horse. What would you look for in a horse as a companion, rather than a creature to be tamed and ridden? I do not wish to completely remove the wild nature of the horse," he added, hoping that Heath would understand his meaning. Maybe he would eventually learn to ride a horse, if he and his horse trusted one another completely. He also did not mention the possible question of his abilities as a carpenter, but that was not important enough to mention. Vigilante was hoping to build a house to prove to himself that he was more than what he had been, and if he built a house, he could also build a small stable adjacent for his horse.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread