Let the hurricane set in motion, yeah
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It was strange how small and fragile Cercelee seemed now. She was always so much larger-than-life, with her alpha authority, or her brassy mischief. She was always in charge. Moments of weakness made her seem... real.
Slay exhaled in a huff, her biting cynicism harsh to his ears. He should have expected such bitterness, and indeed felt the same disappointment and frustration himself, but he so often put her on a pedestal in his mind... the severity of her self-loathing was unexpected. He couldn't redirect his resentment towards Firefly, though, not after going through the same thing she did.

"Well, all three of you women weren't expecting to have pups. And you all stepped up to the challenge. And personally, I think you did the best out of everyone, Cer... and you know, you can have a second chance," he added in a murmur, ears falling back nervously. Would she catch his drift? Not likely, with the way he was rambling. Or maybe she'd get angry at him, because she wouldn't want "replacements". Or because he might make a nice friend, but he was far from a genetic gold mine, and she had never considered having his ugly sleepy pups. He couldn't blame her. He was basically a freak of nature, thanks to incestuous roots. What would happen to their poor offspring?

He shook his wide head, trying to clear the unpleasant negativity that so often haunted his internal monologue. Things were supposed to get better now. "All I'm saying is... you're definitely fit to be a mother. And... if that's what you want in life... maybe it's time to have kids of your own...." He could feel his cheeks burning, embarrassed to speak so bluntly of such things. It was easier to mask things with humor, but this was a serious proposal, and he shouldn't make light of it. They had been faithfully together for some moons now, through thick and thin, and he knew very well that he was the weak link, not her... so if he could just find a way to help her achieve happiness, so that she wouldn't be so run-down and sad... then he could be a real mate, and not just a lazy house-guest. He could make things right for her, instead of dragging her down with him.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread