The Dirt Whispered
[html]
300+

He wasn’t sure what to think. Thoughts of the roan mare filled his mind, but then even when he wished to fill his mind that thought of Ruri crept up on him like a thief in the night. It was not an unpleasant thought, but a confusing one and Heath was glad to have the dog-wolf speak again. At first he as happy with the distraction and smile in response. Heath figure that they would get along together, two real males made for hard work. Maybe they could hunt, take a few bucks down and provide a feast for the pack. Light and arrogant thoughts, thoughts that were crushed by the next question. His smile faded quickly, and Heath realized suddenly how odd he must look. It would be hard to cover up the change in demeanor. Yet Heath had told no one the whole story. He wasn’t sure if he wanted this male, one he hoped to gain respect from such an embarrassing tale.

“She found me, you could say.” his smile returned, though its life was half of what if had been. Heath did not like to think of the Dreaming witch, her black coat and acid eyes. He was more ashamed to admit that he was still weary of her and the Crimson Dreams borders as he was the fight that he lost. “I had been a loner for some time and got into a fight with a pack wolf.” He spoke, vaguely. “I got the shit beat out of me and really didn’t think I was worth much.” he wasn’t happy admitting it, but he had been pretty worthless at the time. “And there she was…” It had just kind of happened, though the details were lost. Heath gave a small shrug, he was no longer a rouge and was trying to be more then he had been.

"Pretty sappy, huh?" He questioned, already beginning to laugh at himself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread