thread title missing
[html]

Hi!

I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep.
I'm in too far, I'm in too deep.
But you, I can't believe you're gone.
You were the first; you'll be the last.

Geneva was very grateful for the break in the rain. The summer had mostly been comprised of stormy weather and the shadows of storm clouds. At one point, she had fancied that she could not recall the color of a clear blue sky. But today the sky was clear, blue, and beautiful. Lime green eyes turned up toward the sky to take in the blessed sight and to ponder the long elusive color.

The sub-leader had risen, like she had most days, creeping quietly from her rom in the ranch. She had searched for any sign of Jefferson, but it seemed that he had risen before her and he was probably well on his way, navigating the borders and executing his duties. She sighed, thinking that she wished she could have more time with him. But she was accepting of their roles in the pack. No matter how the one-eyed Patriarch protested, she knew that the man acted out of love when he slipped away from the peace of the ranch and from her.

The small-boned woman thought it strange that she should patrol the borders. She did not display any obvious threat to intruders. She was short and thin - on the best days she looked delicate, and on the worst days, she looked fragile. Still, no one could love this pack as much as her - except perhaps Jefferson. She rose every day and traced the familiar paths, safe-guarding her pack as much as possible. She did not have any sense of smell to speak of, and so she had to rely heavily on her eyesight. This meant that she would travel the entire length of the territory throughout the day. But she did not mind. It was during this time that she saw a traveler standing at the borders with a hat pulled over her face. Geneva approached openly, eyes bright and with confidence, as she spoke to her, "Hello. Are you looking for something or someone?" she asked mildly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread