So why don't you sing to me
[html]

The female nodded as Heath explained what the horse had done to warrant scolding from his master. It was not proper behavior for a horse to nibble on the arms of those who cared for them...was it? "I can understand his jealousy. The race sounded like it was very fun. I'm sorry you didn't win by the way. Hopefully Haven will perk up a bit after winning. He could certainly use it," she stated, her hand moving to fiddle with her hair out of nervous habit. She hadn't meant to mention the fact that Heath hadn't won, but she had blurted it out anyway. Oh well, there was nothing to be done now. She had said it. All she could do was move on and hope that the next thing she said was better planned.

When he mentioned the name of his horse her half-folded collie ears perked in interest. "That's a pretty name...what does it mean?" she questioned curiously only to have her face light up as she felt his hand moving to hold hers. She immediately clasped his strong hand with her delicate, white-furred fingers before continuing to listen to the conversation. She craved even this small sort of physical contact from him. She could have done without it, for the feelings she had for him were based on far more than simple contact of any kind. However, his touch just made it even better. The delicate optime was so enthused by Heath's gentle touch that she was surprised slightly when her ears detected his words. "Oh...you don't need to apologize. I understand. Large groups aren't everybody's favorite thing. I like them, but only when the group is spread out in a large area. After the race...everyone was so close together, I couldn't hear myself think. I'm glad that you didn't stay because now I can hear every word you say without any problems...and yes, I heard the chime. That was how I found you," she replied, blushing slightly as her lips curled in a timid smile.

The slender female quickly realized that she had responded but hadn't really said anything for Heath to respond to. That wouldn't do...she had to keep the conversation going. "Umm...may I meet you horse?" she questioned shakily, unsure of what else to say. She did want to meet this animal with such a pretty name, but her only other experience with a horse had been when Rue had tried to eat her hair. Her free hand moved to feel her hair as she quietly prayed that Heath's horse would not have the same fascination with her silver lockes as the young filly had.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread