Let the hurricane set in motion, yeah
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He felt at peace, holding her again. Would a pregnancy destroy that peace? Their relationship seemed different from those of other wolves. They liked to play together more than be serious, to be carefree when the rest of the world demanded respect and duty. Bringing duty into their private life might leach away any happiness they could still have. Or, it would bring them closer than ever... Was it commitment that worried him, once again? And there was always the fear of her health, since physically he was much larger than she was. Carrying his pups could kill her if something went wrong.

Rather than brood on the serious, he quickly adopted his old defense, chuckling as he ruffled her ears. "Well, we could always find some guy who's a little better looking than me," Slay drawled, his muzzle crinkling into a teasing grin. "I'm sure you've had your eyes on Sankor - as long as you're not considering Master Haku, I think you're too good for the likes of him." He licked her nose affectionately, pleased by the excited light in her eyes. It wasn't like they were rushing into anything, really - and she had more than proven herself capable of caring for pups, albeit older ones. Did the younger ones need more attention? They basically ate and slept, right? Piece of cake.

She gently probed his resolve, doubt putting a damper on her enthusiasm. Slay frowned for a moment - had he said something wrong? - but he knew in his heart that she had more than enough reason to question him. He had never been the most reliable mate. And if she agreed to this, to starting their own family, they would be forever linked together, even if their mateship fell apart. She would always be reminded of him and his failings. He'd just have to make an effort, to ensure that he wouldn't be Cercelee's biggest mistake. "I'll be anything you want me to be," he replied simply, a serious answer. He had joined a pack, taken rank, hunted for her, always following her wishes in his own quirky way. If she wanted permanent parenthood, then he'd have to be on board, wouldn't he?

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread