the litter and the leaves
[html]

WC: 459
Gah! I love your table so very much! <3

“Well I wasn’t aware of all the ways it could be done, but thank you for education.” Finn state dryly, eyes crinkling up into another grin. “No worries. Besides, if you tried to make a move on me, I bet Alastair wold have something to say, isn’t that right?” She addressed the last of the sentence at the deer, who was standing placidly near a thick oak tree. Finn’s smile stretched wider, and Alastair snorted, turning away to scratch his horns against the bark.

”Real night in shining armour, that one.” She chuckled, rolling her eyes. Inside, her heads was starting to go in circles. She was lying before when she said she had known. It was possible for a regular wolf to become luperci? She was caught between mentally jumping for joy and smacking herself with a paw just to slap the silliness out of her head. What would Father Fidh say if he knew she was thinking these thoughts? Probably nothing, he’d just get all disapproving like and shake his head. Aegnus would be disgusted, Brom just confused. It was strange, how even now Finn’s family still had a hold on her, despite the fact that two thirds of them were heavily disliked and the other might be taking a permanent dirt nap even as she talked.

“Skoll? Never heard of him, though I’m sorry he’s dead. I would’ve liked to meet him. I know scars don’t really make the warrior, but still… He must of been something.” She spoke truthfully this time. She’d always held a special fondness for wolves scarred like herself, a sense of fellowship.

“You’re an alpha?” Finn asked, put off balance. Alphas were often the ones who had tossed her out of packs in the past, usually presenting her with another scar to boot. She had no particular fondness for them, but Jantus seemed all right. To hide her confusion she jumped to her feet and sketched out a quick bow, one eyebrow raised. ”Then I suppose I should be acting with more respect, Lord Jantus.” She jested, tongue lolling a bit and ruining the presentation.

Finn tilted her head a bit, torn ear towards the ground, thinking. She had been pretty bored these last few months, maybe Jantus wouldn’t object if… ”Ah, I don’t suppose you’d mind if I came along? I mean, I haven’t got much else to do aside from sit here and play baby-sitter to Alastair. Only if you don’t mind, though.” The words came out in a rush, leaving Finn sitting there awkwardly, a trying to smile winningly and failing. Alastair rolled his eyes and carried on scratching at the tree.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread