can you see a shadow on me
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... itaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

SO SORRY this is late. I've had a major muse-block. More of an angsty post.. >w< WC: 900+

It seemed as soon as Ghita had come back, a whirlwind of troubles had descended upon her family. Or, rather, they had become glaringly obvious upon her return. At least things with Kansas and Savina seemed to be patching up, slowly but steadily. But overtaking this problem by leaps and bounds was her brother's drama - something that made Ghita sick to her stomach. Not at the situation, of course. She could never be that mad at her brother. But rather at the fact that there was always something. Her erect triangles shook themselves slowly around, expressing her distaste at the Marino situation in general. Issues seemed to be dogging them at every turn - would there ever be reprieve?

Ivories glinted as the pair decided that she had won the argument. In hindsight, it was a pointless debate really, one made strictly for the purpose of passing time, dancing around what needed to be addressed. Ghita wanted to believe that everything was fine with her family - who didn't want to? And it seemed almost difficult for her to accept that her new life wouldn't be as perfect as she had wanted. She had returned to her family for a new life, one that left problems behind. Mistaken in her belief that everything would be fine as she was, Ghita couldn't help feeling a small prickling of longing to leave again, leave this drama in the dust behind her. Almost unconsciously now, she had crossed over a line that changed everything now. If she left, somehow she knew it would kill Savina, but she would not be the only ebony wolf that would mourn her departure.

By now she was stalling with anything and everything she had. Her brother, with the gift he had since puphood, had managed to quell her fears in the way that she never seemed to be able to, and she thanked him for it immensely, while trying to avoid the real issue. Later, she'd wonder if dwelling on this particular part of their shared past would push him towards staying with the pack, as she dug up old memories of just how badly she left her family. A selfish thing to do, most certainly, but one that seemed necessary. She couldn't just let her brother go without a fight. A hypocrite? Of course she was. But she was only doing what she wished someone had done for her at the time.

The phrase 'growing pains' seemed to be most appropriate to Ehno's situation. As his love & family grew, extending beyond immediate blood and spiraling down into a family of his very own. She filled her lungs with the lazy air of summer, releasing it slowly and noisily in a sigh that lasted all too long. Of course there was nothing that she could do to persuade him of anything, if he was dead set against it, but the only thing she could do was lend her advice. "Makes me wonder if this would've happened if I no come back." Muttered morosely, the sister wasn't implying that this was all her fault, but the idea was weighing heavily on her mind.

Guilty regret spun into fiery fury faster than an onlooker could bat an eye. To her well-trained siblings, rehearsed mightily in the art of mastering their sister's mood changes, this wasn't an altogether unexpected event, only shocking when no warning signs had been triggered. But the topic was a minefield, ready to ignite at any moment, such as this one, bringing them to the situation they were in now. How could her brother be so bone-headed to forget he wasn't alone in this?! Of course she would be worried about his pups - whether she'd ever get to see them, they were still her flesh and blood.

And hadn't her family suffered enough in the way of pups without purposely loosing this litter? She barely knew the D'Angelo, and all she had heard about the ivory fae was her connection with Cambria. To an outsider as she was, this was natural, expected in fact of her! Anger melted away into hurt soon enough, as ghosts of the past rose before her eyes. Optics stony as they always were when faced with great emotion, she glowered towards the sand, as if blaming it for all of her present problems. At this point, she knew that the tightrope was growing narrower and narrower, the fae ready to leave Ehno if he pressed her into this corner any more.

Perhaps luck shone on both of them, and the male decided against reflecting her remark back at him. There was no guilt in her mind, simply fury and hurt. She heard his whispering, and barely bit off her confirmation before it raced out of the stable. "It's fine. I just no think we can take loose again." Her English fell into the constant trap that rode beside her, one that snared with emotions and tripped up her language until it was tumbled into an unrecognizable mess.

She finally stood up again, turquoises flashing at her brother like warning signs, blaring the need for her space at the moment. Her tone, low and deadly, spun out a message that should be as clear as day. "Wherever you end up, I don't want you to feel what I had to feel. Same with Naniko, whatever she has done to Cambria. I know she means a lot to you. No wolf should ever have to feel the feeling of shame and failure that I deal with every day."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread