the litter and the leaves
[html]

WC: 500+
Bleh, I had buttloads of homework too. I had to make a presentation on Stalin, and he is one crazy dude.

Finn smiled again, thinking about Jantus’s words. He had a point. The oddities were remembered because they stood out from the pack. Sometimes, though, it was possible to be too odd. She’d been told that by an Alpha a few months back. Finn’s rather frightening appearance had offended some important wolf, and Finn was chased off. But who wanted to be part of a pack like that anyhow? Wolves that lived life by the book, treading the line ever so carefully, didn’t really live at all. Finn looked at life differently.

Sure, she was scarred, a bit battered. But she was alive, and still able to enjoy the fact. She was still quite young, though others might think otherwise by looking at her. She had strength in her bones and the world was still very large and unexplored. This region, with it’s diverse topography and interesting creatures would probably command her attention for months, maybe even years. Who knows, perhaps she’d settle down here. Finn turned the newest thought over in her head, examining it as if it were a strange bug. A mate… Pups… She wanted those things, but never really thought she deserved them.

Finn didn’t have a clue about how to even flirt, much less raise pups! Her father had been okay at it, but then he lost points for raising his only daughter as a boy. Finn still hadn’t gotten over that. It was a strange feeling to remember the certainty she had held only two years ago, strutting around like a little rooster, boasting about how she was going to be a great Alpha when she grew up. Her brothers had ignored her, sometimes Aegnus laughed, but they never questioned their father’s decision. Cuhlain Fidh could be mighty fearsome when he wanted to be.

”The Inferni?” Finn stopped, frowning. ”I’ve heard of them. It was hard not to hear something about the Inferni. Coyotes unfriendly towards wolves? All the loners passed along whispers of where the territory was and what guarded the perimeter. Finn eyed Jantus’s club ”I don’t suppose you’ll be starting something with them, hey?” Finn had nothing against the coyotes, though many might have something against her. The way Finn saw it, an enemy was someone who attacked you. Anyone else was an acquaintance or friend. She’d never understood all the tension between the two races.

As far as Finn was concerned, coyotes were just slimmer, more delicate looking cousins. The fact that they decorated their lands with wolf skulls was a bit in bad taste, but Fin could understand the sentiment. They wanted to keep what was theirs. Wolves had always taken precedence over coyotes, due to their size usually. Wovles got the better lands and the bigger prey, and then turned around and fought with the coyotes. Finn shook her head, it was as stupid as hating the Luperci, something she was vaguely guilty of. Perhaps that was why she could see through thee coyotes eyes, she had her own prejudices too.

"Aye. You’re viewed as somewhat of a liability if you go around brawling all the time. But it would be against my nature not to, it was how I was raised.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread