Sunset, Moonrise
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
That’s fine. But I won’t be able to match the length tonight.

A shine of pride flashed through Phoenix’s emerald-green eyes at the mention of his daughter and son-in-law. He was glad to see his adopted daughter finally coming out of her shell and making friends within the pack. She had trust issues, even though Phoenix had done all that he could to stifle them and encourage her. Pilot had grown into a capable wolf mostly on his own, but Phoenix still saw him as a little brother figure. And now that the two were amated pair… he has glad for the both of them, a budding couple flourishing under his protective care. Should Anderung ever find someone in Storm, Phoenix would try to look after her as well.

Phoenix found it odd how wolves seemed to automatically trust him just because he was alpha. That was not to say he was not truthworthy, quite the contrary… but before he’d had to work to earn other wolves’ trust (not that difficult, considering his character). Now many put it on his lap on their first meeting. He needed to be trusted by the wolves underneath him, but he didn’t expect them to go spilling their guts either. He listened to her story patiently, intently taking in every word. Perhaps she just needed to vent to someone, which required him to pay all the more attention to her.

When it seemed like she was done Phoenix remained unmoving, unsure what to do. He never knew how to comfort a grieving adult. Puppies were easy, since their problems were more easily overcome. But Anderung had trauma that only she could overcome on her own—though the alpha would still try to help her in any way possible, as soon as he figured out how. I care about you,” he finally stated quietly. It was not his style to offer flat, meaningless words of condolence, since they rarely offered comfort anyway. “You’re a member of my pack now, so that makes you important to me. Thank you for trustin’ me with this… I can’t promise that nothin’ bad will ever happen t’you again, but I can promise that I’ll do everythin’ in my power t’ protect you, as will any other member of Storm. If anyone ever lays a paw or fang on you, you fight back… or come t’ me. Okay?”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread