Like an apple on a tree, hiding behind the leaves
[html]
WC: 364
Nonsense. No such thing as short. :> And, and, um, secret things happen! Hrm, it is 3:30am, and I had already laid down to go to sleep, but I woke up to write this reply... I hope I remember having done this when I wake up. :O

She should have known she would be spotted right away, but it still brought her a wave of giddy excitement to see the light of recognition shining in the Dreamer's eyes. Colibri could not wait for Anu to approach her, and slipped free into the sunlight to meet her halfway, marveling at how every step closer made Anu look lovelier. This was her home, the earth she tended to, the fruits she'd reared. And Coli did not feel out of place in the other woman's garden - rather, it made her feel like a fellow plant, craving the gardener's attention. She was greedy enough to desire all of Anu's time and resources, the neediest flower of all, but oh, it made her so happy to do so...

"You sh-should hang onto that kettle," Coli swallowed, shyness tripping up her tongue before she continued, "f-for when I move in with you." There, she had said it aloud! Her boldness knew no bounds. She reached out hesitantly, her fingers brushing against Anu's pale-furred wrist. They were allowed to hold hands now, right? Since Anu said they could love each other, and that's what lovers did. Supposedly. Her mind flashed back to a conversation months ago with her auntie Mew; respectable and brave Mew had transformed into a blushing, giggling schoolgirl at the mention of her lover, Lubomir. Coli hadn't understood it back then, but surely she did now - that irresistible sensation of flying, invoked from the simplest touch or even a fond memory. Love brought hope.

Her hand faltered, and dropped. Her adoring gaze had caught sight of the healing cut, the bruised mark that marred the perfect balance of Anu's delicate countenance. "Wh-what... you got hurt, Anu!" she stammered, concern welling in her soulful eyes. She bit her lip, ears tipping back anxiously as she dithered in place, trying to decide whether it was more appropriate to attempt to dress the minor wound or leave it be. Her first thought was that an unruly branch had slashed the older woman's cheekbone, but that could not be - no plant would ever harm such a benevolent gardener. She must have been struck by another creature.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread