Everything I Touch
[html]

Got back into the country just a few days ago - oh lovely internet access; I missed you! <3
Word Count: 411

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Dawali's training told him that his friend was ill, as soon as the male opened his mouth to speak. There was nothing of the old Leland left in the person that sat in front of the Kalona now, and sadness gripped the leader's heart. For all the difficulties he had caused when he left, Dawali still considered him a dear friend. His spirits had been lifted when he had noticed that familiar scent on the wind; he had constructed all sorts of expectations and plans. Perhaps he could help with the town hall? Maybe he wanted to stay with them again, permanently this time? But it was clear, now, that this male was someone he did not really know anymore, and the extent of this change was clear. Leland seemed downcast and beyond sorrow, and the words sounded unnatural in his mouth. Surely, Dawali would help him if he wanted it, but a small flicker of something negative whispered words of doubt in his ear. Could he help this male, this shell of his friend?

Dawali nodded slowly when his friend's voice rang, but without the vigor from the past. I'm good, Leland - but more importantly, how are you? He urged the question again, hoping to find a glimmer of a person behind that weary face. Your paws look painful, he stated with a dark voice. If there was anything he could help, it was such things. His ears perked at the not-missed change of names among the string of words Leland uttered. Asha... and Catherine? Catherine? He hadn't known they were close. His eyes grew dark, for her pregnancy.. fit with his time of leaving. And Asha had not wished to talk much about any of it. If Leland had betrayed his daughter, this situation was wholly different, but clearly this was not the time to confront anyone. Dawali shrugged the notion off; it could be dealt with later. His voice had a hint of strain, however, as he spoke. His daughters were the apples of his eyes, after all. Asha and Catherine are fine, I think. Asha went to see her sister Aiyanna not long after you went traveling, and Catherine is.. doing ok I think. He would not lie, and he would not refrain from mentioning the truth. But if Leland didn't pick up on that, it was all-ok. It would be better if he heard it from- no, nothing was certain. The litter could be anyone's.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread