i couldn't protect her [J]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rmor_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Oooo, I dunno it might! :o 500+

Jade oculars looked to Locke and saw that the man was deep in thought. That or memory, and Haven let him stay in his mind. Interrupting it would do no good and he didn't mind the silence. When he was younger he hadn't been a fan of silence. Words had always come pouring from his small mouth, his brain leaking out his thoughts and ideas wherever he went. Some of that curious, chattering pup was still inside him but it was buried now. Buried under the emotional scars and his attempts to run away from his heritage. Buried under the choices he had made and the path that he now followed. Knighthood had been what that pup had always dreamed of and now he was one and his station sobered him. People looked to him for protection and he wanted to be a strong pillar for them. Someone they could trust and count on. Someone they could be proud of.

At the sigh his gaze returned to his new friend. Was friend the right word? The hybrid thought so. True, they knew next to nothing about one another, but sharing in such a traumatic thing connected them whether they willed it or no. A small and fleeting smile came to his face at the returned compliment and he nodded his head. That smile had almost been a shadow in the dancing light and could have been mistaken for such, but it had been genuine. Only genuine smiles could be managed at such a time, and even with them they disappeared quickly. No one could smile even with sincerity for long in the face of what had befallen this man.

Locke seemed to come back to himself a little at the question and Haven listened with interest as he explained his situation. It was hard for him to imagine not having a pack. Aside from his month or so interlude in the city alone he had always had a pack. First Crimson Dreams where he had been born, and now Cour des Miracles. Though at the mention of war his eyes widened slightly. He had never been subjected to the horrors of such an event. Alexey had briefly told him of the war between Dahlia and Inferni, but it had been before he had even been born. Haven hoped he would never have to face such a thing. It wasn't that he was a coward, he would fight if he had to, but he wanted to fight to protect not to kill. Inwardly he cringed at the mention of "her". Of course if he had had pups then Locke must have had a mate or lover, but Haven had held out hope she might be alright.

The Knight sighed and scratched the back of his neck. "I know it's probably not the type of thing you want to think about right now, but you could stay here. Not just in the house, but as a part of the pack." He looked back to Locke with a calm and neutral expression. "This is Cour des Miracles. We accept all kinds here and we look after each other." He wouldn't expect an answer now, but it would be better for the man to not be alone he believed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread