what was it i ran from, what burnt away inside?
[html]
I loves you. :3 Your description of Kae there in the first couple scentences of the first paragraph is magnificent. <3 I did powerplay them going to the forest to hurry the thread a bit, hope it's alright? Big Grin If not, poke in PM, please.

The coyote woman was mechanically going through the motions of preparing a brand new member of the coyote clan for joining up with their ranks; it had failed to register on her head that Sofi probably didn't have to worry about any packs messing with her. She looked like a wolf, after all; she had a wolf's face and a wolf's body, and it was only Kaena's experience with hybrids in general which had allowed her to first realize such a thing without being told. The hybrid hoped it would not impact the young woman's status in the clan; hopefully, the hybrid woman's scent would be strong enough on the silvery canine to allow her to pass for a full-fledged Inferni coyote, even if she didn't look like one. Jael had problems with that, though he looked almost all-wolf with his pure-white coat and his fiery eyes.

The newest Tirones accepted the offer rather graciously, and a smile lit the scarred hybrid's features. The more the Centurion thought about food, the harder her stomach rumbled, urging her to fell something. Anyway, Sofi was help, even if Kaena didn't want to push her too hard—it was easy enough to scare up a sleeping creature trying to take cover from the rain, after all. "Hugs the southern border," she responded, altering her course just so to head for the thickest part of the woods, where they were most likely to find prey. It was also near the Mansion, and they could hole up there and eat their kill indoors, where it was warm and dry. "The D'Neville Mansion is at the forest's center; we will hunt around its gardens," the hybrid said confidently. The garden attracted all sorts of creatures, and they were likely to inhabit the surrounding woods.

The two hybrids paced themselves easily as the headed for the forest, the plainsland gradually shifting to a thick forest, its underbrush overgrown and completely unkempt. The coyotes and their prey animals had cut stealthy trails and winding paths all throughout it, though, and it was not long before they were walking on one of them, cutting across the occassional swath of undergrowth to hasten their trip. When they had reached the part of the forest Kaena intended as their destination, she turned back to the silvery woman, nodding to her. "I will run around and ahead of you some in that direction, and conceal myself. Keep walking at me, and take it slow—yowl when you scare something up," the coyote said with a grin, and after pausing a moment to allow the silvery hybrid to speak, she disappeared into the underbrush, heading away from Sofia at a quick trot, keeping a wide berth from the straight path the woman was to walk. The last thing she needed was to prematurely scare the prey up.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread