What happens next?
[html]

Word Count: 300+

--------------------------------------------------

”Memorized?” Finn caught the strange word in the sentence and frowned, eyes darting across Ruri’s face. ”Oh! You’re blind?” She blurted out before immediately flushing with embarrassment. ”I would not have thought it… Unless I saw your eyes.” It was true that Ruri seemed remarkably alert and had a keen sense of where Finn stood in the cottage. The grey wolf found it slightly eerie that those pale blue eyes lingered over her very place more often than not. ”How is it you survived?” Finn said, confused again. A blind wolf who had grown past childhood? How strange!

Her family back home would never allowed such a pup to live. Any physical defects that might have hindered them condemned their bearers to death. Finn heard that both of her littermates had been less than whole. When she was five months old, Aegnus told her that their father had eaten them, and she hadn’t slept for a week. The fact that a blind wolf had managed to grow to relative adulthood, for Ruri still looked quite young, was impressive to say the least. Finn had scars, but nothing that really interfered with her ability to live or to fight. Apparently, blindness did not hamper Ruri much either.

”Thank you.” The she wolf said, gratefully sitting down on the couch. She realized in passing that this was probably the first time she had actually used furniture. ”I might be able to do something with your ankle… Lessen the swelling. Do you have a rag or something that I could borrow?” Finn asked. Her knowledge of medicine was patchy at best, but she remembered what her grandmother had taught her about what to do with sprained limbs: elevate them if you could, and put on a cold compress. Ruri had already propped up the hurt limb, and Finn was sure she could fashion a compress using the cold water in the ocean outside.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread