touch me with poisoned finger tips
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
is fine! Big Grin. 414 words

The thing with Tokyo was that while she was brilliant at the simple manipulations, and great at pretense and deception, she really just.. wasn't clever enough to think things through all the way. She could convince someone of a particular fact, but she couldn't always turn that into the other person acting in the way that she would like. And so she usually didn't bother, instead sticking to what she was good at: coming off in a good light, looking as beautiful as she could while doing so, and expending the minimal amount of effort in the process. Any finger-wrapping that went on was purely for the direct, obvious response. Tokyo just adored being adored, and frequently that was the only goal for her efforts.

She tensed (but did not pull away) as he reached for her hand, not very much used to physical contact of any sort. But that was all that he seemed to be doing, and it seemed a friendly enough thing.. So Tokyo relaxed, trivially. Of course, she still carefully had every muscle on her face smoothed into the pretty, dumb expression that she preferred around Haku. Her heart-beat rose in volume at his compliment, and she felt blood fan her cheeks beneath her fur. "T-thank you." She stammered charmingly, demurely. It wouldn't be in character to resist his tug, so she slid forward a few steps. She was feeling way too light headed from the flattery to have any desire to drop this particular role. It seemed to be her drug of choice; her heart ached to hear more. She felt so special, so appreciated. Gods, but Haku was so cool.

Something would happen, soon? Well, that was a stupid thing to say. Things always happened. Some of them bigger and more important than others. But she just nodded slightly, instead, in what she thought was a wise and understanding fashion. He asked a question, and the character she was playing reacted reflexively without consulting the rest of the whirling thoughts inside her head: "But of course you can trust me!" Tokyo protested, as if vaguely hurt that he would even think she'd answer otherwise. "I'm loyal to Dahlia. I'm loyal to you." She added the second phrase as a clarifying afterthought. The two things, while tightly entwined, were not synonymous. In fact, at this very moment the latter was most definitely the stronger. Dahlia was a nice home, yes, but it didn't ever tell her how beautiful she looked!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread