double cross her heart
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
313 words, and whoops, that was a pretty speedy reply on my part XD

Well now, that was unexpected! The addition of a surname only added to Tokyo's confusion. Had it just been the name "Ares" tossed her way, it would have been easy to brush off with a tinkling laugh and a regretful shake of her head. But.. A Chance. It could just be a coincidence, but the nagging paranoia that obsessively surrounded the existence of Buttface reared its ugly head and demanded that she investigate further.

The rest of the pleasantries of the conversation were accepted and agreed to with a demure nod of the head. She wasn't going to drop character, but she was most definitely going to focus on this particular kernel of the encounter. Curious bemusement wrote itself across her face. "I.. have a son." Carefully spoken; a revelation that few Dahlians knew. "I haven't talked to him in a while, so I don't know what he goes by these days. We had a bit of a spat, drove us apart." One of those sad, regretful looks. Shame written in the edges of her eyes, as if her actions hadn't been worth the painful separation, as if she actually ever gave a damn about being close to her hated, disgusting son.

"Is he sort of mottled gray, black? Golden eyes?" Hope tinged her voice. The query of a displaced mother with, perhaps, a chance to have a chance to reconnect with an errant son. Tokyo laid it on thick. Maybe she overdid it a little, but.. She was applying every inch of her art. If Buttface.. Ares? Ha, that was such a stupid name.. But if he was here? Goosebumps tingled her spine. Is that why Princess left? No, no, no.. She was kicked out. Cercelee confirmed that. Stupid Princess, letting herself get caught stealing, from the alpha no less! But.. was he who she ran to? Tokyo felt sick to her stomach.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread