Dreams only she can understand
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... laineb.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: New table thanks to Erin! <3 I really hope you feel better soon, dear :c And PSSH, that was NOT a crappy post!

He seemed to measure her quietly for a moment, and Alaine stiffened self-consciously, her jade eyes now firmly scanning the planes of the man's face. He seemed to thoughtfully consider something at her mention of being so new to the pack, though his eyes remained kind, his tone calm. When the stranger spoke, his voice was cautiously polite, genuinely curious... Even so, that did little to ease the icicles of fear that clenched her stomach. Vigilante Haskel. The pretty young woman mentally commanded herself to remember that name, as he was the first actually member for her to meet on equal terms.

" Thank you, Sir Haskel, that is very kind."

Her own voice lilted sweetly in reply, the two of them seeming to be fancy gentry in this strange land Alaine hoped to eventually call home. She'd meet fleeting individuals before, but they'd spoken in much crasser tones than the gentleman before her. Why, it seemed she had come across cultured individuals at last!

" Well, Sir... I haven't actually met many of them, in all honesty. I'm confined here, you see..." She cringed slightly at the word confined - Now, to tell him of her sins, " Under suspicion of felony, Sir Haskel. I'm not allowed to leave hotel grounds till they are assured of my propriety. I've met but two individuals, one Mr Leroy, and a Miss Finn."

Thick lashes lowered over her brilliant emerald orbs, an unpleasant flush of embarrassment crawling across her cheekbones. A criminal, her? Perhaps it was unwise to mention that... In the past months, the horrors seemed to have sapped all her teachings on eloquence, subtlety. But if anything, such an admission might only make the slender woman more intriguing to the unwary gentleman... Though she'd been craving company to shatter the boredom of remaining here with her son, so often alone for hours, Alaine now prayed fervently for Vigilante and all his kindness to get back on his strange stag-creature, and disappear back the way he had come.

Speak think walk.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread