Dreams only she can understand
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... laineb.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: Poor thing! I'll cross my fingers that you do so soon! <3

He seemed relatively comfortable in her company. Alaine wished she could say likewise. Though the young miss knew that her fears were paranoid, and she could identify them as ridiculous more often than not, the phobia remained. Round emerald eyes watched him carefully as the gracious fellow told her, in his enjoyable, genteel tone, that she might address him by his first name. With a meek smile, the young mother nodded her acknowledgment. To his next question, though, the grimace returned to stain pretty features, and those bewitching eyes dropped down to her footpaws nervously.

" Well, si-...Vigilante, if you must know... I am a thief. A rotten one, at that, to be caught in such a mess!" For a moment, her eyes shone vehemently; no matter what the crime, the she-dog clearly did not regret her actions, " Twas but a calf I sought. And I wish no chastising, for I know it to be wrong, Mr Vigilante. I would not steal were it not a final option!"

She spoke vehemently, for a moment seeming cross with her predicament. Alaine had never been under house arrest before. She'd been given just about everything she'd wanted as a child, spoiled absolutely rotten, and then... Well, then had been dark, and those things were not to be thought of now. In her anger, the young woman seemed to have forgotten her docile terror of the tall, broad-shouldered male, and her animated gestures had allowed a step to be taken closer towards him.

When Vigilante spoke next, she listened intently, rapt with his expression. Having lived with her horror of a mate, she knew as well as any taught in the manner to define facial expressions and inflections of the voice to determine emotions; Vigilante was mildly expressing was was sure to be a rather large dislike, or disapproval, of this Mr Leroy. She found that peculiar - Did he not think her detestable, for trying to steal from his land?

" Tis very kind of you, Vigilante, but I digress. Mr Leroy was very kind in letting me stay, Sir - if not for his allowance, my son would have nowhere to stay this winter... Though I do believe, his opinion was greatly affected by Miss Finn. I am very glad to know you've heard of her - She is quite a pleasant acquaintance."

It was so good to speak freely with another, that she began to relax, a small but delightful smile dimpling the exotic lady's features, flushed prettily beneath creamy fur. One more, her hands fiddled absently with curls of coppery auburn, teasing them back into ringlets.

Speak think walk.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread