burning beacon in the night
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _t-400.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

300+

Conor suppressed a light laugh as she understood what he had meant and gave him a reply back. ”It’s true though, you look quite good, but I’m your cousin and all so I can’t compliment you too much without sounding weird.” This reply, although somewhat witty still, tossed him into what could have become a deep ponder had Cambria not been here. His father and mother were cousins. What did that mean? Was that close enough for incest or would it be more acceptable? The closer the apples were to the same tree, the more rotten apples could you find. There were higher chances for something to be wrong with related couple’s offspring than if they weren’t related. Perhaps that was why Emwe was slightly slow. That last thought pushed back the serious line in his mind and made a smile twinkle.

Ears perked and slowly swivelled to lean towards his skull when her next words sounded; when she said that she knew how it was to feel like dying. He felt an odd urge to protect his younger cousin, and did not at all like the words she had spoken. Had anyone been horrible to her? Had anyone hurt her? Conor had been hurt. He would be forever broken inside because of how his father had treated him. If someone had done just a fragment to her of what Haku had done to him, then Conor was going to kill them. He could feel an endless fuel for the rage that wanted to build up inside his chest, but he kept it at bay, knowing not to take certain things for granted. It was not likely that she would share any horrors with him anyway. Very few knew exactly how horrible Haku had been to his runt son. Not even Alexey.

He tossed the nasty feelings away, though determined to keep an extra watchful eye out for her from now on. He smiled, sharing her joy and excitement as she walked on her two legs for the first time. Really weird, huh?” the boy grinned eagerly as his golden tail waved behind him. He slowly started to step backwards now, fully encouraging her to follow. ”Now lets try to walk a little.” She shouldn’t have to be scared; he was holding her hands firmly and would not let go.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread