Dreams only she can understand
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... laineb.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: Thats good news, right? Have a lot of cough lollies, I guess Tongue And thats a shame! Hope you're feeling better <3
EDITED, because there were SO many mistakes in here xD

After her outburst, Vigilante fell silent, and seemed to thoughtfully consider her for a moment. Feeling rather embarrassed, Alaine's thick lashes fluttered over her emerald eyes as she tried to ignore the nervous flush that spread beneath her fur. First you speak too little, and then you hit him with that? Silly, silly girl! But for the second time, she was only to be surprised by the male's kindness. When his words flowed forth again, she was cautiously attentive, measuring his facial expression for any hints of aggression.

Alaine realized she hadn't been spoken to so honestly... Well, ever, really. There were too many lies and deceptions and stabbed backs for the young woman to ever fully believe again - She'd been gullible and naive once. A prize. A trophy for a well-spoken young man. The irony of it all was that her 'escape', her triumphant elope with the man of her dreams, had been nothing more than another heartless charade in which the shining knight was also the wicked, twisted pedophile. But in all things, she'd been the damsel in distress, always having people talk down or across or over her... But this Vigilante, with his soft, throaty voice, and his kind eyes, and his relaxed posture...

The knowledge that there were other young mothers in the pack did not startle her, but rather, left some sort of keening. Other women - Female company! - Seemed so far away of late. And other pups, for her Caillen to frolic with! She smiled sweetly at the older male, careful not to show the sudden pangs of longing and vulnerability beneath the mask. When she'd mentioned her son, he'd seemed a little surprised. Perhaps he thought her a whore - wouldn't be too strange an assumption to make, considering her age and appearance. The creme maiden stiffened slightly, but reminded herself that he'd done nothing to insult her. Ah, that pride, it surely would be the end of her someday! To his question, though, Alaine seemed for a moment to shrink right into herself. Emerald eyes grew round, pupils dilating, body frozen.

" Travel... Far?" The young mother blinked, sucked in a deep breath, forced a plastic smile across her maw. Nobody could know where she came from, or why... She didn't think she could live through the memories and the humiliation that would follow again, " Oh, yes... Yes, we did. I was... Yes. But we traveled safely, during the day. I didn't put Caillen in any danger. I took care of my son."

Suddenly, her gaze was sharp and clear. Of course she had taken care of her son. If they knew, perhaps, what she'd been through... How unstable she could be... Well, they would take her Caillen away. And that was not a possibility. Anxious to change the topic, she suddenly blurted out, " Excuse me, Vigilante, but what IS that beast behind you?"

Speak think walk.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread