Look into the future,
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ross-1.png); background-color:#350306; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

yay! this thread is making me excited. 500 +

Kansas was having a wonderful day. There was a bounce in his step, causing his hair to flip into and out of his face; ordinarily this would have bothered him, but he could tell where he was going, and something as small as that could not possibly irritate him today. He had never taken his CD player out of the Manor; not since he'd found it with Giggle. It was currently his most prized possession, and for weeks he'd been terrified that allowing it to exit the safety of his room would ensure its somehow getting lost or destroyed. But that fear had abated, and he was perfectly content to have it tucked away in his bag, the headphones securely against his ears. It felt amazing to be walking around on such a gray, cloudy afternoon with the music synced perfectly to his footsteps. He felt exotic, unique, strong and beautiful all at once. Music effected Kansas in such a profound way. It would have been difficult to explain this to anyone.

The biting chill of the coming winter had persuaded him to wear the scarf his girl had given him last year. He'd been anxiously awaiting the day that was cold enough for him to comfortably wear it, and at last that day was here. The dark and pale blue stripes were stark against his creamy coat; he loved the feel of the scarf around his neck. Kansas looked around and gave the air a sniff. He did not believe anyone was around. Perhaps it wasn't smart of him to assume this, and doubly ignorant of him to reach into his bag and crank up the volume of the music. His arms held invisible drumsticks as he matched the beat of the pounding percussion, his head bobbing with the amazing guitar and growling vocals. He fucking loved this CD. It was by far is favorite; he was pretty sure the label read "Last House on the Left." He wished he could understand the lyrics, because he'd also been practicing his growls and pig squeals... And then Kansas was suddenly torn from his reverie by a strange sight, one that threw him completely off. It was a beautiful horse, and upon the horse lounged a small canine.

Kansas jumped, pulling the headphones off his head just in time to hear the word "testicles." He froze abruptly, brow furrowing in confusion. Had he really just heard that? "Uh," He stepped toward the relaxing coyote, holding his hand out to caress the horse's nose in case it was alarmed by his presence. He decided to assume that he had not heard the profane exclamation he thought he had. Instead, he wondered where the man had acquired his mount; he knew Ember raised the creatures. Perhaps it was far-fetched that the stranger had obtained his horse from Kansas' sister, but it was fun to toy with the possibility. Kansas looked the canine over, noting the impressive and enviable piercings, the general, attractive danger about him. He stared for a moment longer before remembering himself. "Sorry, eh, I didn't notice you. I had my music up too loud." He could still hear the song blasting from the headphones hanging to the ground from his bag. He wound them up and reached in his satchel to turn the CD player off, the returned his attention to the man before him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread