I Bring No Real [J]oy to You; [m]
[html]
     Slooowsie. Apologies. <3 They could go poke around the mansion? It doesn't have power or anything like that, but maybe they could find some music books? :o And I assumed Cotl started walking with Kae when she turned to walk away, hope that's alright—PM me please if you'd rather not.

The word price threw the hybrid for a loop; she had no experience in commerce of any sort, whether it was the type that involved currency or barter, and the perplexed look on her face was evidence enough of this to her company until he continued to speak, realization dawning on the hybrid. The confusion evaporated from her scarred features in an instant. Of course; how could one teach without the proper materials to do so? The coyote nodded her head, and spoke herself. "Halifax isn't too far. Uh, maybe we could go there later or something," she said, still not entirely comfortable with the idea of returning to the city, not after what had happened with Haku there.

"I have a gun," the hybrid said, tilting her head to the side. "Don't hardly use it except to throw this on my family's skin," the coyote admitted, her silvery fingers tapping the crimson chaos star affixed to her chest as she spoke. "If you're careful enough with it you can borrow it," the hybrid added, eager to make the new Tirones feel at home in the clan and increase her own proficiency in an area that she took great interest in.

Most of Kaena's bodily modification had not come voluntarily, but indeed, the hybrid thought of her scars as the prettiest form of modification. They were evidence of her history and what she had suffered through, worth far more to her than any pretty design picked from a book. Still, the star she had affixed the star to many of them, and each incidence was quite meaningful to the coyote woman. The lead-furred canine nodded her head, not realizing that Cotl had lived in this area prior to stumbling on Inferni. That was an oddity; they usually came from afar.

It hadn't taken Kae long to grow accustomed to his manner of speaking, interlacing his words with sharp syllalbles of profanity. It startled her on occasion, still, but in the midst of these last few sentences it hardly registered on her mind, her brain acknowledging it about as much as one might realize another cleared his or her throat in the midst of speech. "Sure. We aren't too far from the forest, we'll head that way first," the coyote said. She had nothing better to do, and it was helping her to interact with this canine. Haku hadn't even prowled across her thoughts since Cotl had mentioned the city and she'd responded. The coyote turned, walking at a rather slow, meandering pace.

The smaller canine stepped into the coyote territory and followed at the hybrid woman's side. The coyote woman paused a moment or two, collecting her head together for a moment. "You ever lived in a clan or a pack or anything before?" the hybrid questioned. She'd caught the mention of the sea; did this mean that canine was from that more civilized section of the world? That was an intriguing idea to the silvery canine, who glanced at the tawny-furred canine as she walked, her ear turned to catch his answer.

Table by Mel
[/html]

Messages In This Thread