thread title missing
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
The past few months raising his children without their mother had been difficult. Iskata had not abandoned them—she still loved them—but he wished she had stuck around to look after the three pups they still had raher than going off to look for the one pup that had gone missing. He wanted Firefly back as much as she did, but Kansas, Ember and Icarus had suffered enough. At least Diedre’s pups would have an even larger support system than his litter had—he would b there to guide the young parents, and the pups would have ample aunts and uncles to help watch over them.

Phoenix nodded as he listened to Dierdre speak, but before he could respond she changed the subject. Arching a brow, he let his arm drop and folded it with the other one. He felt great—perhaps a little more willing to go to bed at night than he had before his ordeal, but that was fading fast. He still had a couple injuries from the fight with Glaesring, but those were healing well enough. He’d probably have a new scar over his collarbone to boot. “I couldn’t be better,” he responded optimistically. It was funny, he’d heard so much about this Naniko—she was connected to his family through Iskata—and yet he had never met her for himself. “I’m gonna have t’ find Naniko an’ thank her.”

He’d answered her question, but he wasn’t done thinking about the fact that she was going to be a mother. He was growing more excited as he considered everything. Once again he’d have little white pups following him around, bombarding him with questions, just as Deirdre herself had done as a pup. Only this time, he would welcome them with open arms. “I’m sure you an’ Pilot’ll make great parents,” he offered as he placed both hands on her shoulders, trying to alleviate the tension that he sensed. He didn’t know for sure if that was what was really bothering her but it was a good guess—every parent had those fears. “He’s a good guy... you two are lucky t’ have found each other.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread