Dreams only she can understand
[html]

Bah, I'm sorry. I'll try and be better about replies. >_>; I'm trying to play the "Let's get caught up" game while I have some time. 500+ words.

#####Nodding, Vigilante did not plan to press further. He did not need to know the details of where she came from unless she wanted to share, especially as it would have been incredibly hypocritical. As lovely as she was and how sweet she seemed beneath the obvious nervous nature (and he could not begrudge her that, as he did not know her story), he was not going to share his story with her. The past was not as important as the present, after all. Alaine and her son were here now, and just like it did for him, it would hopefully become their home. Joining a new pack was always a start at a new life, but in this pack, especially, it seemed that the main goal was to start over. This pack of misfits was certainly a new starting point for everyone, no matter where it was that they came from.

#####Certainly, he had not meant to insult her with the question, but she seemed a bit nervous or upset that he might be implying that he was questioning her mothering skills. Yes, she was very young, but that did not mean anything in regards to her parenting. His sister had been young when she had become a mother, although he did not know if Martyr had been younger or older than Alaine with the birth of his nieces and nephew. "I would never suggest that you put him in danger," he replied softly, voice apologetic for the fact that she might have thought that had been his train of thought. A long journey did not mean that there would be danger, and though he had preferred to travel in the cover of darkness when coming here, he did rather like that she had been thinking ahead and travelling during the day. It showed that she had a good head on her shoulders, even if she was so fearful.

#####Chuckling, the dog mix reached up to run his fingers over Nádherné's broad, velvety nose. He had already told her that the horse would not hurt her, but he was not surprised to know that she was still wary of him. "Nádherné is my stallion, a horse. They are very interesting creatures," he explained, although he did not know if she was familiar with horses. She knew of calves, so perhaps she did know some. "Many members of the pack keep them, and some even ride their horses. Mine is relatively new to me, so we just walk side by side for now. I'm not sure if I will ever want to ride him, to be honest. If you're interested in learning about horses more, or even in finding one for yourself, I might suggest looking for Heath, as he works in the stables." It had been quite some time since he had seen Heath outside of the old human library, but as far as he knew, the younger canine was still in the pack and working with the horses.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread