thread title missing
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
I know. I was just writing about how much Phoenix missed her.

At his daughter’s observation, Phoenix chuckled. He too hated fog—the concept of not being able to see everything around him and thus being vulnerable to ambush went against every fiber of his being. He’d spent so much of his life worried about predators that it was a hard state of mind to get out of, even if he was one of the biggest things in the valley. He just hated being vulnerable to anything, or being unable to protect what he loved, if even for a moment. “I know whatcha mean,” he agreed. Conversely, though, his mate was from those lands, and he knew she still missed it. She had plenty of pleasant memories about the place, which were now rattling around in his own head, so he could better understand the mindset of the wolves who lived there, even if he didn’t agree with them.

He didn’t want to make Deirdre feel uncomfortable—quite the opposite. But the massive male wanted to be as involved as he could with these pups, her pups and the first of what he hoped would someday be a whole army of grandchildren. In retrospect Phoenix thought that if he’d embraced the role of her father-figure from the very start instead of bucking against it at the beginning he could have done better for her. Of course, hindsight was 20/20. There was no going back and changing the past; all he could do was learn from the precious experience she’d given him. He would know exactly how to treat these pups, and give Deirdre the benefit of his own experience.

Knitting? Phoenix wasn’t even sure what that was, but obviously it had something to do with fabric, which he knew next to nothing about. He didn’t bother to ask what she was talking about though… that would only distract them from the matter at hand, and if she did learn how to do it like she said she would then he could just learn what it was by observing her—and if she didn’t learn, then it obviously wasn’t important. Phoenix loved to collect blankets; he used to have quite the plush collection lining the sleeping area of his den. But most of those Moon had distributed amongst the pack after the avalanche. “I know where we could find a couple blankets. Th’ big, heavy ones too. An’ you could borrow a couple a’mine if y’needed ‘em.” He didn’t really need them anyway. After living a hard lifestyle, he could sleep just about anywhere. The blankets were just his way of indulging himself.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread