Who wears the eyepatch around here?
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
Gah, Jantus is too poor ><

"Erm..." Jantus looked around himself as if looking for some hidden satchel or other accoutrement that he could search for trades goods, but the fact was that even if he'd brought everything with him today that he'd been carrying during his long journey with the Pine wolves, he wouldn't have anything of appreciable value that he was willing to part with. His weapon was too big for Rurik, even if he had some need or interest in possessing a secondary, shoddier weapon beside his well-forged sword.

"Gah! Damn." The giant gave an apologetic, harried smile, and shrugged defeatedly. "You've caught me well away from my pack, which hoards what goods we scavenge in the city or keep after our kills. I've been forced to travel light, or you'd certainly have a trading partner today." He tapped his stomach thoughtfully, looking up at the sky above the abandoned ruins which surrounded them. "Damn fond of the stuff when I can get it, but it doesn't work its magic so far on me as it did my sisters." He laughed loudly at the memory of their first experience with liquor.

"I drank a fair bit of a collection we'd found, and I told 'em it was safe, and they followed. I was feelin' pretty good about the time they wanted to pass out. It was a good time for me, but I'm not sure they ever forgave me for it. Neither of them ever touched the drink again, at any rate." He gave the pirate a questioning look. "Don't suppose you've got any stories of your own? I hear a little bit of drink goes a long way to a good story."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread