Help me out, said the eagle to the dove
[html]
Marit fail, blame the university :[ Word Count: 308

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

She seemed to trust him easily, another likeness to Noir. He remembered for a moment how Noir's trust had placed her in the jaws of a cannibal and the events that followed, but quickly pushed the images away. He didn't want to think about them, and Noir seemed to be coping, so there was no need to dig up a painful past. The girl in front of him shared her sympathy for little creatures, and although it was technically food she held in her hands, it was charming. When one's heart extended to those who usually recieved no sympathy, how could it be a bad thing? If strange, it only showed him how much love someone could harbor.

He smiled carefully when she replied, surprised. Nodding, he confirmed it: that was indeed "all". But it wouldn't necessarily be easy and the wing might not heal. If it was unlucky it might never fly again, and if it was lucky it would be fine as long as it kept from being eaten until it had healed. "Yep, that's all. But just be prepared that it might not recover fully. We'll just have to wait and see." If he began to wrap the wing or try to break it back, he could do more harm than good. It was one of those things he'd just have to leave to nature — his hands were too big and clumsy. He glanced at the little bird again and replied to her other question, and now his knowledge was not as solid. "They eat insects and seeds and such I think. At least that's what I've seen them eat, though I've never investigated it, to be honest. Maybe you could collect insects or small plants and such." Curious, he wondered whether she would pity the insects, too. He had never given it much thought himself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread